Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Sowmya V.B." <vb...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/06 15:38:28 UTC

indexing but not able to search

Hi All

I indexed a set of documents using Solr, which are shown in the stats page
on the admin panel.
However, the search interface always returns 0 documents to me.
When I give the query as *:*, it does return me all the 20K odd documents I
tried indexing just a few hours back.

Can someone tell me if there is anything I am missing, on the querying
config part?

Sowmya.

--
Sowmya V.B.
Losing optimism is blasphemy!

Re: indexing but not able to search

Posted by somer81 <se...@gmail.com>.
hello did solve this problem. I am a newbie with Solr.
I just tried to add a simple XML file to Solr. It works fine
adds and indexes but when try to search it I cannot see the
docs fields which I described in XML. I see them in schema browser. They
look they are indexed.
I even tried to give same field names like in original schema.xml.
I have field names  ; name , description , coord - instead of store.

But it still doesnt show results.
Do you have any idea please ?

Omer
sevinc.omer@gmail.com

Re: indexing but not able to search

Posted by "Sowmya V.B." <vb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eric

Sorry for the messup.
I was talking about the default search field in schema.xml itself. I changed
it to "title" instead of "text" thinking that I might get something seeing
that.

Attaching schema.xml and solrconfig.xml with this mail.
I just added my fields to the example schema.xml file given with the
distribution.

Also attaching the debug output for the query "time", in an xml file
(timedebugquery.xml).
Here is the link:
http://localhost:8080/apache-solr-3.3.0/select/?q=time&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on&debugQuery=on

I guess, this time, I am consistent enough with the data i provided in this
mail!
Sorry about the messup, again!

Sowmya.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Sowmya V.B." <vb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eric

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Sowmya V.B." <vb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eric

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Sowmya V.B." <vb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Sowmya V.B." <vb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Denis

Posted by "Sowmya V.B." <vb...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Url I am using to search:

Posted by Denis Kuzmenok <fo...@ukr.net>.

Posted by somer81 <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
No unfortunately I am not able to solve still,
For being sure I make it same field like in Solr Schema
I mean, for example for my "name" field I used name field in Solr
Schema or I did mine "name2" and copied same specifications with "name"
field in Solr. Or for my "coord" field I used Solr's store field which are
identical.
My coord field also keeps latitude, longtitude values.

But when I search by name I can see Solr fields and values mine are
disappear.

Thanks in advance

Omer

2012/2/29 vibhoreng04 [via Lucene] <ml-node+s472066n3787592h24@n3.nabble.com