Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Roxanne El Baff <ro...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/19 14:07:48 UTC

Example request

Hello,

I have a maven ear project with:

   - war maven module
      - No openEjb or openJPA is used here! Only front end stuff
      - EJBD module
      - Main communication with POSTGRES DB by using EJB and JPA.
      - *Here I should use openEjb and openJPA instead of the regular ones?*
      - What are the required dependencies to use openEJB, openJPA on tomEE
      to generate entities and JPAControllers by connecting to a
PostGres 9.5 DB?
      - Should I use an older version of POSTGRES 9.5 ?

Thank you for your time and help !

*Roxanne El Baff*
Software Developer
Computer Science Masters Student
Bauhaus-Universität, Weimar, Germany

+49 (0) 1523 / 9516877
LinkedIn Profile <http://de.linkedin.com/in/roxanneelbaff/>

Re: Example request

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

> Hello,

Hello

> I have a maven ear project with:
>
>    - war maven module
>       - No openEjb or openJPA is used here! Only front end stuff
>       - EJBD module
>       - Main communication with POSTGRES DB by using EJB and JPA.
>       - *Here I should use openEjb and openJPA instead of the regular
> ones?*
>       - What are the required dependencies to use openEJB, openJPA on tomEE
>       to generate entities and JPAControllers by connecting to a
> PostGres 9.5 DB?

TomEE provides openejb and openjpa so just add in common.loader (tomee/lib)
postgres jdbc driver jar.

>       - Should I use an older version of POSTGRES 9.5 ?

Likely depends your database version