Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Charton, Andre" <ac...@ebay-kleinanzeigen.de> on 2010/06/01 17:03:17 UTC

Default filter in solr config (+filter document by now for near time index feeling)

Hi,

I have this use case: I update index every 10 min on a master-solr (via batch) and replicate them to slaves. The clients use the slaves. From client view now it's ugly: it looks like we change our index only every 10 minutes. Sure, but idea now is to index all documents with a index date, set this index date 10 min to the future and create a filter "INDEX_DATE:[* TO NOW]".

Question 1: is it possible to set this as part of solr-config, so every implementation against the server will regard this.

Question 2: From caching point of view this sounds a little ugly, is it - anybody tried this?

Thanks,

André

Re: Default filter in solr config (+filter document by now for near time index feeling)

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
:
: Question 1: is it possible to set this as part of solr-config, so every
: implementation against the server will regard this.

yes.

: Question 2: From caching point of view this sounds a little ugly, is it - anybody tried this?

it is very ugly, and i don't recommend it if you even remotely care about
caching -- at a minimum you should do something like "INDEX_DATE:[* TO
NOW/MINUTE+1MINUTE]" so you at least get reusable queries for 1 minute at
a time.

-Hoss