Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andrew Pennebaker <ap...@42six.com> on 2014/01/29 21:31:30 UTC

cobertura-maven-plugin not creating .xml file as documented

The online documentation<http://mojo.codehaus.org/cobertura-maven-plugin/cobertura-mojo.html>for
cobertura-maven-plugin 2.6 says that "coverage.xml" is created if you
specify xml format. In reality, this only happens if you specify xml format
*and* run `mvn site`. `mvn cobertura:cobertura` never generates this file.

Could we amend the documentation to make this more clear (or even better,
go ahead and make `mvn cobertura:cobertura` generate this file)?

--
Cheers,

Andrew Pennebaker
apennebaker@42six.com

Re: cobertura-maven-plugin not creating .xml file as documented

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
That plugin is maintained by the Codehaus Mojo project. Please file a
ticket as described here:
http://mojo.codehaus.org/cobertura-maven-plugin/issue-tracking.html

Attaching a patch to the ticket will increase the likelihood of getting
this fixed quickly. (It doesn't have to be a patch file, you could just
state the suggested text change in the ticket itself.)

Thanks for improving the docs!

/Anders