Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Joarder KAMAL <jo...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/19 04:02:08 UTC

Which API docs to use for writing HBase client application?

>From the HBase Web site, we can see two different links for API docs.

HBase 0.94.6 API
https://hbase.apache.org/0.94/apidocs/index.html

HBase 0.97.0-SNAPSHOT API
https://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/index.html

Which one to choose?
I have a running HBase cluster with a version number *0.94.7*, r1471806

​
Regards,
Joarder Kamal

Re: Which API docs to use for writing HBase client application?

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 12:02 AM, Joarder KAMAL <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks a lot for the information Azuryy.
>
> Just to know, why there is apidocs for 0.97.0 ?? There is no release of
> HBase with this number, right?

Yeah, we publish the 0.94 and trunk API docs.  We need to fix so it is 0.94
and 0.95 instead (not trunk; i.e. 0.97).
St.Ack

Re: Which API docs to use for writing HBase client application?

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
As Azuryy is saying, just use the API documentation with is in sync
with the server version you are running.

If you server is 0.94, use API documentation 0.94.

If you are running the dev server version 0.95, use the API documenation 0.95

And so on.

JM

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
yes, It's not released.