Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by John Wang <jo...@gmail.com> on 2004/12/16 07:14:13 UTC

File locking using java.nio.channels.FileLock

Hi:

  When is Lucene planning on moving toward java 1.4+?

   I see there are some problems caused from the current lock file
implementation, e.g. Bug# 32171. The problems would be easily fixed by
using the java.nio.channels.FileLock object.

Thanks

-John

Re: File locking using java.nio.channels.FileLock

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Dec 16, 2004, at 1:14 AM, John Wang wrote:
>   When is Lucene planning on moving toward java 1.4+?

I'd support Lucene 2.0 using JDK 1.4 features.  I suspect we'll get a
number of folks that disagree with that though.

	Erik