Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Andrew Springer <ma...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/28 07:17:01 UTC

Info for storage management / merge algorithms

Hi all,

I'm doing my master thesis on the storage layer of *SQL databases and more
specifically on the algorithms used to combine the disk files.
I would kindly like to ask for a few pointers describing the storage layer
/ merge algorithms of Cassandra.
I found this research article, but is a bit old (Nov '14) and don't know if
the information presented is still up-to-date for the current version of
Cassandra:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/275657574_Efficient_Range-Based_Storage_Management_for_Scalable_Datastores

Thanks a lot (and sorry if this is not the correct list for such a request).

Re: Info for storage management / merge algorithms

Posted by Sebastian Estevez <se...@datastax.com>.
Check out https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-8099 and
https://github.com/pcmanus/cassandra/blob/8099_engine_refactor/guide_8099.md
for info on the latest storage layer changes in c*.

All the best,

[image: datastax_logo.png] <http://www.datastax.com/>

Sebastián Estévez

Solutions Architect | 954 905 8615 | sebastian.estevez@datastax.com

[image: linkedin.png] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/datastax> [image:
facebook.png] <https://www.facebook.com/datastax> [image: twitter.png]
<https://twitter.com/datastax> [image: g+.png]
<https://plus.google.com/+Datastax/about>
<http://feeds.feedburner.com/datastax>
<http://goog_410786983>

<http://www.datastax.com/gartner-magic-quadrant-odbms>

DataStax is the fastest, most scalable distributed database technology,
delivering Apache Cassandra to the world’s most innovative enterprises.
Datastax is built to be agile, always-on, and predictably scalable to any
size. With more than 500 customers in 45 countries, DataStax is the
database technology and transactional backbone of choice for the worlds
most innovative companies such as Netflix, Adobe, Intuit, and eBay.