Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Tony Finch <fa...@demon.net> on 1998/08/24 20:45:41 UTC

mod_auth-any/2898: change in AuthName syntax causes problems

>Number:         2898
>Category:       mod_auth-any
>Synopsis:       change in AuthName syntax causes problems
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The AuthName syntax changed around 1.3b3 so that
	AuthName foo bar
no longer works; you have to add quotes instead, like
	AuthName "foo bar"

Unfortunately, we at Demon have been using the former syntax fairly extensively,
both internally and in customer documentation. This is making switching to
Apache 1.3 rather more painful :-(
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
I suggest that the code be changed to accept either syntax. This would
also fix the original problem that caused the syntax change -- see bug