Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by christian bösch <ch...@gmx.ch> on 2008/12/29 09:54:30 UTC

T4: IE Select options to small

Hi Everyone,
I'm a new Tapestry user. I like tapestry it's very easy to build java webapplications. But i have one little problem.

I have a select with option in there. the options are bigger than the select itself.
Here is a little sample:
<select style="width: 60px;">
    <option>Test</option>
    <option>This is a long Test, bla bla </option>
    <option>this is a very long text, bla bla </option>
</select>

Now the problem is that the Internet Explorer are not showing all the informations in the option dropdowns. IE (also in new version 7) cut the entries. Firefox and all other browsers makes the options so big as the biggest entry. I have searched hours for any css style that can make the options in IE bigger. but i found nothing.

I have found several otherl solutions for that problem, but all this solutions do the same. they making with javascript from the options tags html <li> and <a> tags and define the style over the css (e.g. list-style-type:none;).
But i think thats not a good solution. Does anybody has a another solution for that little issue? Perhaps a IEPropertySelection component? Or something similar?

I know it's not only a Tapestry Issue, but i deeply grateful for every input.

Kind Regards
Christian
--
Sensationsangebot verlängert: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K1308T4569a

Re: T4: IE Select options to small

Posted by christian bösch <ch...@gmx.ch>.
I have much tapestry 4 code. But i think the problem still occours in tapestry 5.
-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Posted by manuel aldana <al...@gmx.de>.