Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2006/11/20 16:19:32 UTC

Re: How do I stop these?

Duncan Hill writes:
> On Mon, November 20, 2006 15:00, Nathan Zabaldo wrote:
> > I am getting pounded by these types of emails.  Does anyone else get
> > these? What rule can I apply to have them killed.  It's driving me nuts.
>
> SARE Stock ruleset.  Available from fine ninjas everywhere.  Well trained
> Bayes would probably help too.

As would running sa-update.

--j.

Re: How do I stop these?

Posted by Nathan Zabaldo <nz...@gmail.com>.
Justin Mason wrote:

> Duncan Hill writes:
> > On Mon, November 20, 2006 15:00, Nathan Zabaldo wrote:
> > > I am getting pounded by these types of emails.  Does anyone else get
> > > these? What rule can I apply to have them killed.  It's driving me
> nuts.
> >
> > SARE Stock ruleset.  Available from fine ninjas everywhere.  Well
> trained
> > Bayes would probably help too.
>
> >As would running sa-update.

I run sa-update everyday.  It's current.  They still keep coming through. I
just installed the SARE stock ruleset so I guess we will see if any more of
them come through.  I get about 30 a day.  I also ran spamassassin -D --lint
and there are no errors so everything seems to be working fine except for
these darn stock spams.  Thanks for the help.

RE: How do I stop these?

Posted by Larry Rosenman <le...@lerctr.org>.
jm@jmason.org wrote:

> As would running sa-update.
>
> --j.

Speaking of sa-update....
   Is there a list of the changes from day-to-day with sa-update?
I have an auto-update script that runs for it, but I'd like to see what
Gets added as time goes on.

Thanks,
LER

Phone: +1 512-248-2683             E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3893