Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Briggs <ac...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/07 17:20:36 UTC

Lock file problems...

I am getting these lock file errors all over the place when indexing
or even creating crawldbs.  It doesn't happen all the time, but
sometimes it happens continuously.  So, I am not quite sure how these
locks are getting in there, or why they aren't getting removed.

I am not sure where to go from here.

My current application is designed for crawling individual domains.
So, I have multiple custom crawlers that work concurrently.  Each one
basically does:

1) fetch
2) invert links
3) segment merge
5) deduplicate
6) merge indexes

Though, I am still not 100% sure of what the "indexes" directory is truly for.

java.io.IOException: Lock obtain timed out:
Lock@file:/crawloutput/http$~~www.camlawblog.com/indexes/part-00000/write.lock
        at org.apache.lucene.store.Lock.obtain(Lock.java:69)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.aquireWriteLock(IndexReader.java:526)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.deleteDocument(IndexReader.java:551)
        at org.apache.nutch.indexer.DeleteDuplicates.reduce(DeleteDuplicates.java:414)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.ReduceTask.run(ReduceTask.java:313)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.LocalJobRunner$Job.run(LocalJobRunner.java:155)

So, has anyone seen this come up on their own implementations?

RE: Lock file problems...

Posted by Gal Nitzan <ga...@gmail.com>.
I index directly to Solr.
It happened to me while 2 separate indexers accessed it directly. It seemed
that the Lucene index stayed hung (that's why the lock exists) until I killed
the process. After that I had to re-build the index, since I was afraid it got
corrupted.