Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Britske <gb...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/12 00:25:16 UTC

generating multiple executable jars from 1 project

Hi,

I'm pretty new to Maven2 and I'm trying to do the following:

I have a project (in Eclipse maven enabled) which among other sourcecode has
about 20 programs that can be executed form the command line. It was useful
for me to have these all in one place during development.
These programs all depend on the general sourcecode but not on eachother, so
they can be cleanly seperated.

What I would like to do is have some config in my pom indicating that all
program-classes should be created as seperate executuble jars and each of
them referencing the general source tree (packaged as a non-executable jar).

This will probably not work out of the box (if it does please shout ;-) .
I think it must be possible to create a seperate project for each program
and use 1 parent.POM with several modules-POMs (1 module POM per executable
progam). But this seems like a lot of work.

Perhaps there's a better option / best practice to deploy multiple
executuble programs from a maven-project?

Thanks in advance,
Brits

Re: generating multiple executable jars from 1 project

Posted by Britske <gb...@gmail.com>.
hmm, must have been sleeping.
What i wanted to do is of course simply done with:

java -cp /path/to/jar Class.To.Execute

thanks anyway