Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Stefan Simik <st...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/11 23:35:38 UTC

MOUNT & UNMOUNT-ing path in WebApplication

Hello Wicketeers
I want to thank wicket's developers for the nice product and in second place
I want to make clear that I am a newbie, so maybe my question is a stupid
one
... In that case my apologies to the developers... and please help me find
the right way to do it in wicket:-)

I have a problem regarding the way Wicket handles mounting and unmounting
paths in WebApplication.

1. When wicket MOUNTS path -> removes starting "/" if exists:

SEE: WebRequestCodingStrategy, line: 335

// sanity check
if (path.startsWith("/"))
{
   path = path.substring(1);
}

So the mount path is internally stored withoud leading "/" char.

2. When wicket UNMOUNTS path -> adds starting "/" if does not exist

SEE: WebRequestCodingStrategy, line: 386
// sanity check
if (!path.startsWith("/"))
{
    path = "/" + path;
}

So unmount cannot be succesfully done by removing entry by key, because
there are no
previously stored keys with leading "/" char, what causes -> unmount does
not work for me.

Am I right, or am I missing something ?
Thank you for advance..

Re: MOUNT & UNMOUNT-ing path in WebApplication

Posted by Stefan Simik <st...@gmail.com>.
Oou, very fast answer ;)
Wicket community is very active.
Thanks you very much Al

best regards
Stefan Simik

Re: MOUNT & UNMOUNT-ing path in WebApplication

Posted by Al Maw <wi...@almaw.com>.
Stefan Simik wrote:
> I want to thank wicket's developers for the nice product and in second place
> I want to make clear that I am a newbie, so maybe my question is a stupid
> one

No, it's an excellent question.

> So unmount cannot be succesfully done by removing entry by key,
> because there are no previously stored keys with leading "/" char,
> what causes -> unmount does not work for me.
>
> Am I right, or am I missing something ? Thank you for advance..

No, you're not. This was a bug that was fixed on July 23rd in SVN.
If you upgrade to 1.3.0-beta3 it should be fixed in that.

Best regards,

Al