Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by souciance <so...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/28 19:44:58 UTC

Adding a blog to the site to help the documentation

Hello Camel developers,

Firstly, thanks for a great framework and for all your big effort. I have
read here and there that you might need help with improving the
documentation, especially say for beginners who are a bit unsure on the
entire lifecycle, that is from development to deployment.

The problem is also that a lot of different people all over the world have
setup their own blogs and added content specific to their issues.

The idea I had is to add a blogging mechanism to the camel wiki so that
users who want to share knowledge with other users can do so on a central
site. It makes it easier for people who don't want to start a blog but
wouldn't mind sharing and makes it easier for beginners to see what others
are thinking and sharing. I am not sure if this is possible or not. Its just
an idea I had after I went on a google rampage to find all kinds of
camel/karaf related info. Thanks.

Best
Souciance

Re: Adding a blog to the site to help the documentation

Posted by souciance <so...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jean-Baptiste

The articles section is great for linking articles that exist on sites such
as dzone and other similar. But the idea I had was similar to a blog on
wordpress, blogsite or even confluence style. Essentially normal camel user
like me or others from all over the world can share ideas or solutions on
the "camel-blog" and all the posts would be on this blog. That way users
don't require to setup a blog of their own and all the user knowledge is
gathered on a central place within Camel.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Souciance,

It's roughly the purpose of the articles section on the website:

http://camel.apache.org/articles.html

It gathers the different blog posts, articles, etc.

Is it something like this that you are looking for ?

Regards
JB

On 10/28/2015 07:44 PM, souciance wrote:
> Hello Camel developers,
>
> Firstly, thanks for a great framework and for all your big effort. I have
> read here and there that you might need help with improving the
> documentation, especially say for beginners who are a bit unsure on the
> entire lifecycle, that is from development to deployment.
>
> The problem is also that a lot of different people all over the world have
> setup their own blogs and added content specific to their issues.
>
> The idea I had is to add a blogging mechanism to the camel wiki so that
> users who want to share knowledge with other users can do so on a central
> site. It makes it easier for people who don't want to start a blog but
> wouldn't mind sharing and makes it easier for beginners to see what others
> are thinking and sharing. I am not sure if this is possible or not. Its just
> an idea I had after I went on a google rampage to find all kinds of
> camel/karaf related info. Thanks.
>
> Best
> Souciance

Jean-Baptiste Onofré