Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Carter, John G" <Jo...@ca.com> on 2003/05/08 18:32:21 UTC

ClassNotFoundException trying to load a bean from a web service

I get a ClassNotFoundException when trying to run the following statement from inside a web service that is running under Axis with Tomcat on Win2000:

WsTest op = (WsTest)Beans.instantiate( ClassLoader.getSystemClassLoader(), "Swstest.Abean.WsTest");

I've placed the jar file that contains this class in the system CLASSPATH.  I've tried putting the jar file in the axis\web-inf\lib directory and in the Tomcat lib directory but it still can't find the class.  I just tried to delete the jar file from the axis\web-inf\lib directory but get an error saying that access is denied so it looks like this is the correct place for the file (after I stopped Tomcat, I was able to delete the file).

Any thoughts on what is going wrong here?

Thanx,

Insert Beans for serializing into Header : Possible ?

Posted by Kai Unewisse <ka...@innovations.de>.
Hi all,

I would like to send 2 Objects from the service. One is the data Object (a
Bean)
and sometimes I also need so send comprising visual aspects (column names +
width,... ) (also as a bean)

I don't want to use a HashMap or a wrapper Object for this 2 Objects.

My idea is to use the Soap Header for sending this extra information. A
Handler reads a flag in the RPC-method and if it's true,
the Handler has to add a Header-element.

My Question: Is it possible to use Bean-De/Serializer also within Handlers ?

Any other suggestion/ better idea for this matter ?

TIA,

Kai