Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Davis, Chad" <Ch...@emc.com> on 2012/09/24 19:04:29 UTC

deploying ad hoc jars from build

We have a 3rd party dependency whose distribution consists of a zip file with a set of jars and native libraries.  Our repository person has deployed this zip for us.  We are trying to process the zip into more consumable pieces.  We'd like to create another zip, containing only the native libraries,  and deploy that as a artifact.  Then we'd like to deploy each of the jars as artifacts.  Can this second part, deploying the jars, be done from within a build?

Re: deploying ad hoc jars from build

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
>> In your repo, can you not upload the jars as maven-like artifacts?
>>
> I can, or at least I can have someone, who is authorized, do that for me.  I
> was hoping to automate the process of converting the distribution zip into
> useable maven pieces . . . perhaps that's just not  very normal thing to
> do.

I don't understand why you'd need to do this in a *build*. Can you not
simply do it once, outside the build, or have the Repo Manager handle
it manually? How often are you needing to do this?

Wayne

RE: deploying ad hoc jars from build

Posted by "Davis, Chad" <Ch...@emc.com>.

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
In your repo, can you not upload the jars as maven-like artifacts?

Ron
On 24/09/2012 1:04 PM, Davis, Chad wrote:
> We have a 3rd party dependency whose distribution consists of a zip file with a set of jars and native libraries.  Our repository person has deployed this zip for us.  We are trying to process the zip into more consumable pieces.  We'd like to create another zip, containing only the native libraries,  and deploy that as a artifact.  Then we'd like to deploy each of the jars as artifacts.  Can this second part, deploying the jars, be done from within a build?

Ron Wheeler
President
Artifact Software Inc
email: rwheeler@artifact-software.com