Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by "Vladimir Kotikov (Akvelon)" <v-...@microsoft.com> on 2016/02/15 15:29:09 UTC

[DISCUSS] Cordova-common 1.1.0 release

Hi, guys.
I'm planning to do a minor release for cordova-common.

Here is the list of JIRAs to be resolved in this release (aka RELEASENOTES):

* CB-10052 Improve superspawn to allow to handle spawned process io streams
* CB-10176 Cordova-common should contain a default logger implementation
* CB-10430 cordova-common events don't reach platform's code
* CB-10497 android build with ant fails

The version to be released is cordova-common@1.1.0

Does anyone have any reason to delay a tools release?
Any outstanding patches to land?

If not, I will start the release on Wed, 16th.

-
Best regards, Vladimir

Re: [DISCUSS] Cordova-common 1.1.0 release

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
I agree shrinkwrap is better technical, it was just buggy in the past and now I think is more stable.

Also in the past there was a debate if the shrinkwrap goes in git, as it confuse some committers when they updated a dependency in package.json then npm install nothing got updated, why? because package.json got ignore and shrinkwrap was in place

The are multiple goals not just that dependencies don't change, but also Legal

We don't want to a hard dependency on package that has a license that prevents a downstream (i.e. Worklight) to redistribute or build software with such dependency packages with not healthy licenses.

That's why one of the reasons we do bundling today in git of 3rd party npm packages for platform repos, better chance and more eyes on the license of this packages on what's included when we do a release.

I don't mind changing how we build software we just need to be mindful

- Carlos
@csantanapr

Posted by "Vladimir Kotikov (Akvelon)" <v-...@microsoft.com>.

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.