Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net> on 2013/03/13 15:37:35 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] CloudStack Social media

Just a note that I'm wrapping this discussion up and taking "DRAFT" off
the page as it's received no edits.

I suppose the next step will be to limit access to PPMC/committers and
coming up with a "rotation" to ensure that we keep the relevant accounts
active. I can continue to do Twitter and Facebook.

Do we have any interest in continuing the Identi.ca account? I *think*
we can just cross-post from Twitter, but that means that people querying
@cloudstack on Identi.ca might be ignored. Also, Identi.ca is not
well-loved by tools like Hootsuite.

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013, at 04:15 PM, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 11, 2013, at 09:32 AM, Chip Childers wrote:
> > Anyone want to take this on?  I think that the recent discussions that
> > Ilya brought up around marketing might be a good way to get a policy
> > pulled together.
>
> I've started a draft here:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Social+Media+Guidelines+(Draft)
>
> If anyone thinks we need a formal VOTE on this, let me know - but I
> definitely want to get feedback before that point.
>
> Best,
>
> jzb
> --
> Joe Brockmeier
> jzb@zonker.net
> Twitter: @jzb
> http://www.dissociatedpress.net/

Best,

jzb

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 09:37:35AM -0500, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> Just a note that I'm wrapping this discussion up and taking "DRAFT" off
> the page as it's received no edits.
>
> I suppose the next step will be to limit access to PPMC/committers and
> coming up with a "rotation" to ensure that we keep the relevant accounts
> active. I can continue to do Twitter and Facebook.

I believe Mark offered to donate licenses for Hootsuite.  Can we do
that?

> Do we have any interest in continuing the Identi.ca account? I *think*
> we can just cross-post from Twitter, but that means that people querying
> @cloudstack on Identi.ca might be ignored. Also, Identi.ca is not
> well-loved by tools like Hootsuite.

IMO, identi.ca isn't critical at all.

It's probably best to shift this discussion to cloudstack-marketing.