Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Yang, Leonard" <ly...@sprintspectrum.com> on 2002/01/10 17:30:01 UTC

one solution for "javax.servlet.ServletException: Error instancia ting class"

I had such "javax.servlet.ServletException: Error instanciating class" error
while deploying cactus with my app.  The problem was due to classpath
differences on server and client side.  To be specific, the classpath in
(weblogic) <wlrun> task points to different classpath as specified in
<junit> task.  Thus cause the error when junit framework reflects on test
class.

Leonard Yang

RE: one solution for "javax.servlet.ServletException: Error instanciating class"

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Thanks for the feedback Leonard.

The classpath is indeed different on the client side and on the server
side as explained in
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/getting_started.html.

I'm glad it works for you.
-Vincent