Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Tobias van Treeck <tv...@nepatec.de> on 2008/08/15 13:03:46 UTC

Application Server FOP Problem: "Mismatch: page-sequence vs. root"

Hi!

I am running FOP and convert an XML+XSL->FOP->PDF.
Locally everything is working fine but on the app server i get the
following error message:

"org.xml.sax.SAXException: Mismatch: page-sequence
(http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format) vs. root
(http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format)"

Environment:
App-Server: Bea Weblogic 8.1 SP5
Java: 1.4.2_08 (using the same JDK for AppServer and for the local
tests)
FOP: 0.95 (most recent version)
OS: Windows XP SP3

Searching in the web didn't return anything helpful, although this
problem has already occured once or twice.
My guess is that there may be a library or classpath conflict but
replacing some JDK libs (XML/Parser related) didn't make it better... I
don't think that this is a problem with the XML or the stylsheet since
locally it is working.

Maybe anyone experienced the same problems or has some idea what could
be the cause - any help appreciated!
Thanks,
ToM

Re: Application Server FOP Problem: "Mismatch: page-sequence vs. root"

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Hmm, do you still have the old version showing the problem? If so,
please send it to me. column-width="50%" on table-column should normally
work just fine.

Andreas reminded me of the solution to the exception swallowing: a
custom ErrorListener set on the Transformer so Xalan doesn't swallow the
exceptions and just continues processing. Sorry for not remembering
earlier. In my test environment I have that ErrorListener installed and
never really stumble over that problem anymore. Tends to make you forget.
I'll write an FAQ entry.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Application Server FOP Problem: "Mismatch: page-sequence vs. root"

Posted by Tobias van Treeck <tv...@nepatec.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
> [...]

> > > "org.xml.sax.SAXException: Mismatch: page-sequence
> > > (http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format) vs. root
> > > (http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format)"
> > >
> > > Environment:
> > > App-Server: Bea Weblogic 8.1 SP5
> > > Java: 1.4.2_08 (using the same JDK for AppServer and for the local
> > > tests)
> > > FOP: 0.95 (most recent version)
> > > OS: Windows XP SP3
> > >
> > > Searching in the web didn't return anything helpful, although this
> > > problem has already occured once or twice.
> > > My guess is that there may be a library or classpath conflict but
> > > replacing some JDK libs (XML/Parser related) didn't make it
> > > better... I
> > > don't think that this is a problem with the XML or the stylsheet
> > > since
> > > locally it is working.
> > >
> > > Maybe anyone experienced the same problems or has some idea what

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Application Server FOP Problem: "Mismatch: page-sequence vs. root"

Posted by Tobias van Treeck <tv...@nepatec.de>.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
These errors are usually follow-up errors after the real problem (at
least in my experience). Please take a look if you can see any error
message before that exception. It could also be some bad exception
handling somewhere in FOP. I've had this thing a number of times in the
past but I haven't had the chance to really look into avoiding unhelpful
exceptions like that. Maybe that helps.

On 15.08.2008 13:03:46 Tobias van Treeck wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am running FOP and convert an XML+XSL->FOP->PDF.
> Locally everything is working fine but on the app server i get the
> following error message:
>
> "org.xml.sax.SAXException: Mismatch: page-sequence
> (http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format) vs. root
> (http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format)"
>
> Environment:
> App-Server: Bea Weblogic 8.1 SP5
> Java: 1.4.2_08 (using the same JDK for AppServer and for the local
> tests)
> FOP: 0.95 (most recent version)
> OS: Windows XP SP3
>
> Searching in the web didn't return anything helpful, although this
> problem has already occured once or twice.
> My guess is that there may be a library or classpath conflict but
> replacing some JDK libs (XML/Parser related) didn't make it better... I
> don't think that this is a problem with the XML or the stylsheet since
> locally it is working.
>
> Maybe anyone experienced the same problems or has some idea what could
> be the cause - any help appreciated!
> Thanks,
> ToM

Jeremias Maerki

Re: XMP -> iText -> Watermark Problem

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
On 29.10.2008 14:59:43 Tobias van Treeck wrote:
> Yeah you are right - we are using java 1.4 here and using the endorsed
> mechanism it worked.
> Unfortunatly in production i can't do that, so is there another way?
> Can i set the processor directly in FOP?

It's not in FOP, it's in XML Graphics Commons, and no, you can't set
override the processor just for that component. The default
TransformerFactory is used. And if it's Xalan that is used by the
production JRE, putting another Xalan into the classpath won't help
since the one in the JRE takes precedence.

> ...otherwise i gonna try <fo:declarations>

Won't help you. The XMP in fo:declarations is parsed, optionally merged
with other information and then written out using a Transformer.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Not at the moment.

Posted by Tobias van Treeck <tv...@nepatec.de>.

Posted by Tobias van Treeck <tv...@nepatec.de>.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Looks like a bug in the JAXP/XSLT (javax.xml.transform) implementation
you're using. The namespace declarations are not properly generated.
Please use a recent Xalan-J or SAXON. See here for instructions:
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/faq.html#faq-N100EF

On 29.10.2008 13:26:22 Tobias van Treeck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i generate a pdf with fop and afterwards i add a watermark. Until i
> didn't set the following meta data
>
> this.foUserAgent.setCreator("Creator");
> this.foUserAgent.setAuthor("Author");
> this.foUserAgent.setTitle("Title");
>
>  it worked but now i get the following message:
>
> The prefix "x" for element "x:xmpmeta" is not bound.
> After looking into the PDF i realized that the namespace is not set and
> that's why iText runs into problems:
>
> <x:xmpmeta>
> <rdf:RDF>
> <rdf:Description rdf:about="">
> <pdf:PDFVersion>1.4</pdf:PDFVersion>
> <pdf:Producer>Apache FOP Version 0.95</pdf:Producer>
> </rdf:Description>
> <rdf:Description rdf:about="">
> <xmp:CreatorTool>Creator</xmp:CreatorTool>
> <xmp:CreateDate>2008-10-29T10:38:07+01:00</xmp:CreateDate>
> </rdf:Description>
> <rdf:Description rdf:about="">
> <dc:date>
> <rdf:Seq>
> <rdf:li>2008-10-29T10:38:07+01:00</rdf:li>
> </rdf:Seq>
> </dc:date>
> <dc:creator>
> <rdf:Seq>
> <rdf:li>Author</rdf:li>
> </rdf:Seq>
> </dc:creator>
> <dc:title>
> <rdf:Alt>
> <rdf:li xml:lang="x-default">Title</rdf:li>
> </rdf:Alt>
> </dc:title>
> </rdf:Description>
> </rdf:RDF>
> </x:xmpmeta>
> <?xpacket end="r"?>
>
> So can i add the namespace manually or is that just a "bug" of FOP?
> I know that i can set the xmp part manually with <fo:declarations> but i
> don't want to do that...
>
> Regards,
> ToM

Jeremias Maerki