Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Alex Soto <al...@envieta.com> on 2016/08/24 14:25:31 UTC

How to destroy Netty Pools in Blueprint

Hello,

Is there a way to destroy the Netty (Boss or Worker) thread pools when using BluePrint xml?
I am trying this:

<bean id="nettySharedWorkerPool"
	class="io.netty.channel.EventLoopGroup"
	factory-ref="nettyWorkerPoolBuilder"
	factory-method="build"
	destroy-method="shutdownGracefully">
</bean>

But Blueprint does not like the shutdownGracefully method because it is not a void method (it returns Future<?>).
What are other people doing in this case?

(I am using Camel 2.17.0)

Best regards,
Alex soto

Re: How to destroy Netty Pools in Blueprint

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
We love contributions
http://camel.apache.org/contributing

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 9:35 PM, Alex Soto <al...@envieta.com> wrote:
> Yes, this is what I ended up doing.  I followed the example of Camel’s Pool Builders NettyWorkerPoolBuilder and NettyServerBossPoolBuilder.  NettyWorkerPoolBuilder has a destroy method, although it does not actually wait for completion, and NettyServerBossPoolBuilder does not even have a destroy method.  As they are, these classes seem to be of very little use, if at all.
>
> Best regards,
> Alex soto
>

>> On Aug 24, 2016, at 11:43 AM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> You can maybe build your own pojo that shutdown the pool and has a
>> void method so you can use destroy-method in the blueprint xml file.
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 4:25 PM, Alex Soto <al...@envieta.com> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Is there a way to destroy the Netty (Boss or Worker) thread pools when using BluePrint xml?
>>> I am trying this:
>>>
>>> <bean id="nettySharedWorkerPool"
>>>        class="io.netty.channel.EventLoopGroup"
>>>        factory-ref="nettyWorkerPoolBuilder"
>>>        factory-method="build"
>>>        destroy-method="shutdownGracefully">
>>> </bean>
>>>
>>> But Blueprint does not like the shutdownGracefully method because it is not a void method (it returns Future<?>).
>>> What are other people doing in this case?
>>>
>>> (I am using Camel 2.17.0)
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Alex soto
>>>

>> --