Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/12 21:22:01 UTC

Re: Creating a report from the command line?

[Reposting, due to missing reply]

Hi,

I have a question regarding MOJO-866. Hopefully, someone can help me.

In this bug report, someone is invoking the rat:rat goal (which
creates a report) from the
command line. The plugin fails with a NullPointerException, because
getProject() returns null.

- Are reports supposed to be working, if you are invoking them directly? Or
  are they being restricted to run within the "site" goal?
- If the former, why is getProject() returning null? Is that a bug?
(It definitely sounds so,
  Maven 2.0.7 is in use.) Or is there something, that I as the plugin
developer have to do?
- If the latter, shouldn't Maven detect that the user is invoking a
report and tell him,
  that he isn't running the site goal?

Thanks,

Jochen

--
Look, that's why there's rules, understand? So that you think before
you break 'em.

    -- (Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time)