Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Joost Schouten (ml)" <jo...@jsportal.com> on 2011/05/28 15:21:28 UTC

File download breaks ajax zone manager

  Hi,

When downloading a file from a tapestry page that gets saved to disk and
not opened in the window, it seems to break the zonemanagers on the
page. Any Ajax request after the file download and before the next
pagerefresh fails. The response is correct, it is just not handled
correctly. Once the page is refreshed all is fine again.

Has anyone else seen this problem and potentially found a solution?

Cheers,
Joost

PS: I'm using Tap 5.2.5

Re: File download breaks ajax zone manager

Posted by "Joost Schouten (ml)" <jo...@jsportal.com>.
  That sounds like a reasonable explenation. I've added
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-1533 as I could not find a
ticket describing this issue.

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@gmail.com>.
> For the record, until this is fixed I created a workaround where my
> downloads open in a new window (target="_blank").

There is a solution that uses an iframe to download the file (get's
around the open tab problem).

Here's one example:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2010506/resetting-wait-cursor-in-browser-with-content-dispositionattachment

Josh