Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Morten Andersen <bl...@blobcom.com> on 2006/02/17 10:13:35 UTC

Statistics

How do you do statistics for your website solutions?

Just using standard statistics packages or solutions?
If then what package?

I'm currently developing an XML based statistics module for J2EE that
saves the stats info using XML. This makes it more flexible and easier
to use.

But is it worth it I wonder?

What programs exists already that I can offer my customers?
What do you recommend?

Technology I'm currently using: Tomcat and Struts

Regards

Morten Andersen

Re: [OT} help required with script.

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Bharathi Kattamuri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have with javascript in a struts application.  I am trying to insert a
> text into a TextArea.    Somehow document.selection.createRange().text
> is not working. I am using IE6.0.29
>
> Below is the code.
>
> <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">
>      function addToMessageText(sendText){
>       // alert("addToMessageText: "+ sendText);
>        var selectedText = document.selection.createRange().text;
>        alert("selectedText : "+ selectedText );
>        if (selectedText != ""){
>               document.selection.createRange().text = sendText ;
>        }
>    }
>
> </script>
>
> and calling the method from a button.  Somehow
> document.selection.createRange().text is not working.
>
> <a class="linkButton"  onclick="addToMessageText('%%FIRSTNAME')"
>  ><bean:message key="label.firstname"/></a>
>
> Any suggestions is appreciated.
>
> Bharathi.

I suggest you ask on a Javascript-related list ;-)

Selection support is notoriously inconsistent between browsers. If you
need to support more than one browser (i.e. you're not developing
strictly for a controlled intranet environment), you'll be doing
yourself a big favour if you look into using a good Javascript
framework, such as Dojo, instead of trying to work around the browser
inconsistencies yourself.

L.

help required with script.

Posted by Bharathi Kattamuri <bk...@cy-nap.com>.
Hi,

Re: Statistics

Posted by Ahmed Hashim <en...@gmail.com>.
leon,
I think what you did is wonderful :) did you put in sourceforge?

Hashim

http://del.icio.us/ahashim

Re: Statistics

Posted by Morten Andersen <bl...@blobcom.com>.
Hi Leon

We volunteer to help you develop the testing environment from whatever
state it's in. Please send me a message and let's start developing this
highly needed tool.

Morten Andersen

Re: Statistics

Posted by "C. Grobmeier" <gr...@possessed.de>.
Hi

> The thing I need at first was actually basic user-statistics.
> - How many users the last day/week/month
> - Who's the referer

i use a PHP skript for that.

* http://www.phpee.com/11.html

It does all the needed data very well.

Have fun,
Chris

Re: Statistics

Posted by Morten Andersen <bl...@blobcom.com>.
The thing I need at first was actually basic user-statistics.
 - How many users the last day/week/month
 - Who's the referer

But your program sounds like a nice optimization tool.

Regards

Morten

Re: Statistics

Posted by Leon Rosenberg <ro...@googlemail.com>.