Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org> on 2016/11/10 21:33:19 UTC

Number of retained PreCommit runs

Looks like we retain the last 10 runs at max. With tests running in less
than an hour, very often, we end up with situations where test reports are
not available?
I suspect the 10 run limit is due to the size of the logs generated by each
run - close to 6GB (on the ptest server).
I think it will be useful to increase the number of runs - something like
30 or 50. ptest now has an option which allows log collection for failed
tests only. For a test with ~10 failures - the retained log size ended up
being 250MB. Does it make sense to turn on this option, and increase the
number of retained results? (Anyone know how to change the number of
retained runs?)
Thoughts?

Thanks,
Sid

Re: Number of retained PreCommit runs

Posted by Sergio Pena <se...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Siddharth, I increased the number of retained logs to 40.
The variable is part of the cloudhost.properties, but I forgot to add it
when I recreated the server.

Variable:
maxLogDirectoriesPerProfile = 40

I will need to restart the server. I'll wait until the rest of the test
finish to do that.

- Sergio