Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org> on 2013/03/20 18:55:25 UTC

CRUFT.txt

Hey folks,

I just added CRUFT.txt to our Git repo. This is a file to track
all the ugly fixes, workarounds for broken compilers, libraries,
OSes and hardware,  or, just plain laziness. I've added two
samples of brokenes and invite you to contribute more.

I also invite you to document your "sins" as you commit them!
If you know that what you're doing is a workaround, and will
eventually be obsoleted by time, as technology maches on,
then please document it in CRUFT.txt

For reference, or in general, if you have a minute or forty
to spare, watch Yehuda Katz talk:

   http://www.confreaks.com/videos/1121-gogaruco2012-cruft-and-technical-debt-a-long-view

So long,

-- i