Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Timothy Legge <ti...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/22 14:52:26 UTC

[users@httpd] Max fog file size in 2.0

Hi

I just want to confirm what I already believe to be true.  I ran into
an issue recently where a mod_security log file hit 2GB and the
error_log started filling with errors to the effect that it was unable
to write to the file.  This happened so much that in a matter of hours
it filled the disk with 100M logrotated error log files.  Or at least
that is what I believe happened.

Can someone confirm that 2.0.59 on RedHat EL 4 (32-bit) has a 2 GB
limit on log files?  I saw that it was increased in 2.0.50 for certain
platforms but if I understand correctly requires a compile time flag
and a platform that supports it (I assume 64-bit).

Can some one confirm that 2GB limit?

Tim