Posted to announce@apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@apache.org> on 2018/09/06 07:07:44 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenWebBeans-2.0.7 CDI container

It’s a great pleasure to announce the release of Apache OpenWebBeans-2.0.7

Apache OpenWebBeans-2.x is a CDI container (Contexts and Dependency Injection for Java) and targets the CDI-2.0 specification (JavaEE 8).

This is a maintenance release targeting the new CDI 2.0 specification!
CDI is a JavaEE standard specification (JSR-365) but fully available under Apache License v2.0.
http://cdi-spec.org/
https://docs.jboss.org/cdi/spec/2.0/cdi-spec.html

OpenWebBeans is modularly built and can be used either in pure Java SE, in a Servlet Container like e.g. Tomcat or in fully fledged JavaEE containers.
Our core is only 700kByte and thus brings full JavaEE-8 compatibility at a smaller size of most so called ‚micro solutions‘.

Distribution packages can be downloaded via https://openwebbeans.apache.org/download.html

The release is also available via maven http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/openwebbeans/

We also include an installer scripts in our binary distribution which can be used as easy as:

$> unzip openwebbeans-distribution-2.0.7-binary.zip
$> cd openwebbeans-distribution-2.0.7
$> ./install_owb_tomcat7.bat /opt/your/apache-tomcat-9.x.x

(works with Apache Tomcat7 and 8, 8.5 and 9)

OpenWebBeans-2.0.x is included in Apache Meecrowave-1.2.x and the upcoming Apache TomEE-8.x releases.

have fun,
The Apache OpenWebBeans Team

The following tickets got resolved:

Bug

  [OWB-1247] - Update to XBean Asm 6 Shaded 4.9
  [OWB-1248] - defineClass used which is not supported by java 11
  [OWB-1251] - event.fireAsync hangs when there is no observer

Improvement

  [OWB-1249] - org.apache.webbeans.config.OpenWebBeansConfiguration#overrideWithGlobalSettings environment overriding is not supported
  [OWB-1250] - Reduce the log level of anymous classes message when it cant be loaded
  [OWB-1252] - WebContextsService lazyStartRequestContext fails on first access.
  [OWB-1253] - Improve performance of BeforeDestroyed and Initialized Literals
  [OWB-1254] - destroying the Session doesn't fire BeforeDestroyed(SessionScoped.class) in our WebContextsService
  [OWB-1255] - update to apache-parent-21 for sha512