Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Christian Heine <He...@gmx.de> on 2002/12/01 23:34:43 UTC

How can i request Role/Group Properties by runtime?

Hi all,

i'm try to implement a portlet with role/group controlled content. My aim is to check the database ressources with the user role or group properties and seperate on that way what is shown and which data must be hide.

I got the iformation that this could be made by the AccessControllList, but it looks like verry difficult and inefficient manner. Is there a better way to get these information about the user?

I know that these datas are placed in the hypersonicSQL database, but i will not use these because later the access should be made by LDAP.

Thanks for any help in advance,
Christian