Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Clarance Howatt <cl...@fujitsu.health.gov.ab.ca> on 2008/02/14 22:00:08 UTC

Problem with included interfaces

I am generating XMLBeans from a schema and I want to have some of the
generated classes implement a common intercase.  So I build a config
file like this:

  <xb:extension for="com.my. company.MyClass_1 com.my.
company.MyClass_2">
    <xb:interface name="com.my.company.CommonInterface">
      <xb:staticHandler>
        com.my.company.MyDelegate
      </xb:staticHandler>
    </xb:interface>
  </xb:extension>

I then create the interface com.my.company.CommonInterface within the
same project.  I also create a delegate "com.my.company.MyDelegate" to
implement the interface. The problem is that when xml beans generates
the class it tells me that it can not find "com.my.company.MyDelegate".
I get that, this class has not yet compiled.

This is the error:

xml ErrorC:\projects\xxx\src\main\xsdconfig\explicit.xsdconfig:6:5:
error: Interface com.my.company.MyDelegate' not found.

I see this a chicken and egg problem.  The generator is looking for the
classes before allowing the generation to continue but the classes have
not yet been compiled.

Is there a way around this?

Clarnace Howatt