Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/04 13:33:28 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache ManifoldCF 1.5, RC7

This is a major release of ManifoldCF that includes the following:

- Federated authority support
- Multiple authorization domains
- ZooKeeper process coordination
- Multiple agents processes
- Support for SharePoint Claims-based authorization
- An Email connector
- A revamped look-and-feel

Voting will remain open for 3 days.

You can download the artifacts from
http://people.apache.org/~kwright/apache-manifoldcf-1.5 .  There is also a
release tag at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/manifoldcf/tags/release-1.5-RC7 .

This RC includes changes to the dist directory organization so that jar
files are not duplicated, saving 40MB from each binary download.  It also
fixes an issue with connection limits in the zookeeper example.  Finally,
it fixes a limitation in the CMIS connector (CONNECTORS-864) and a maven
build problem (CONNECTORS-865).  Also fixes CONNECTORS-866 (the lockclean
script), and two more Maven version issues.  Finally, corrects a LiveLink
connector reversion described in CONNECTORS-871.  Missing SolrJ
dependencies in CONNECTORS-873.  Workaround for SolrJ runtime exception
being thrown in CONNECTORS-874.  Throttling lockup dealt with, improved,
and tested in CONNECTORS-872.

Karl

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ManifoldCF 1.5, RC7

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Even if you vote in favor, we'll still need one more vote after that.

Karl

Posted by Erlend Garåsen <e....@usit.uio.no>.

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erlend Garåsen <e....@usit.uio.no>.

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Erlend,

Please go into the Simple History, and change the start time of the query
to be one day earlier than the default.  By default, Simple History only
reports the last hour's worth of events.

Thanks,
Karl

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Erlend,

The pgadmin queries you did without startdate times are returning ingest
records.  Those that include the startdate do not.  Therefore it is the
startdate restriction that is causing you to miss the records.

Karl

Posted by Erlend Garåsen <e....@usit.uio.no>.

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Erlend,

Your "SELECT * FROM repohistory WHERE owner='Web' AND
starttime>1391691978799 ORDER BY starttime DESC,id DESC LIMIT 21" query is
not returning any document ingest records either.  It looks like there has
been no indexing after the start time you specified.

Posted by Erlend Garåsen <e....@usit.uio.no>.

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 8:40 AM, Erlend Garåsen <e....@usit.uio.no>wrote:

> Anny suggestion what to include in logging.ini? I have tried the following
> without any success:
> log4j.logger.org.postgresql=DEBUG
> log4j.logger.java.sql.Connection=DEBUG
> log4j.logger.java.sql=DEBUG
> log4j.logger.java.sql.ResultSet=TRACE
>
> Erlend
>

> On 06.02.14 13:34, Karl Wright wrote:
>
>> Hi Erlend,
>>
>> This isn't making much sense.  Nothing here has changed, AFAIK, between
>> 1.4.1 and 1.5.  If you want to see the queries being submitted for the
>> simple history, try these steps:
>>
>> (1) Stop agents process and Resin
>> (2) Enable db debugging
>> (3) Start Resin
>> (4) try the simple history in the UI
>> (5) have a look at the log; the query should be there
>>
>> Karl
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 6:59 AM, Erlend Garåsen <e....@usit.uio.no>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  On 06.02.14 12:41, Erlend Garåsen wrote:
>>>
>>>  p://www.ibsen.uio.no/diktsamlinger.xhtml]} 0 16
>>>>

>>> select * from repohistory where entityid like '%www.ibsen.uio.no/
>>> diktsamlinger.xhtml%'
>>>
>>> 11227;1391439283905;1391439277790;1391439283890;"h
>>> ttp://www.ibsen.uio.no/
>>> diktsamlinger.xhtml";"Web";"fetch";"200"
>>> 11227;1391439283948;1391439277782;1391439283923;"h
>>> ttp://www.ibsen.uio.no/
>>> diktsamlinger.xhtml";"Web";"document ingest (Solr)";"OK"
>>> 11227;1391678979841;1391678941727;1391678951418;"h
>>> ttp://www.ibsen.uio.no/
>>> diktsamlinger.xhtml";"Web";"fetch";"200"
>>> 11227;1391685900353;1391685874021;1391685881017;"h
>>> ttp://www.ibsen.uio.no/
>>> diktsamlinger.xhtml";"Web";"fetch";"200"
>>> 11227;1391686685694;1391686673738;1391686540299;"h

Posted by Erlend Garåsen <e....@usit.uio.no>.

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Erlend,

Posted by Erlend Garåsen <e....@usit.uio.no>.

11227;1391439283905;1391439277790;1391439283890;"http://www.ibsen.uio.no/diktsamlinger.xhtml";"Web";"fetch";"200"
11227;1391678979841;1391678941727;1391678951418;"http://www.ibsen.uio.no/diktsamlinger.xhtml";"Web";"fetch";"200"
11227;1391685900353;1391685874021;1391685881017;"http://www.ibsen.uio.no/diktsamlinger.xhtml";"Web";"fetch";"200"
11227;1391686685694;1391686673738;1391686540299;"http://www.ibsen.uio.no/diktsamlinger.xhtml";"Web";"fetch";"200"

Posted by Erlend Garåsen <e....@usit.uio.no>.
On 06.02.14 12:07, Karl Wright wrote:
> Oh - the other obvious reason for no indexing is that there many be no
> changes in the document.

Nope, it's actually posting to Solr, but these activities do not show up
in simple history. Here's the log entries from the Solr server:
[2014-02-06 12:25:00.481] INFO [uio] OP crawl
{add=[http://www.ibsen.uio.no/diktsamlinger.xhtml]} 0 16

Here's what I see in Simple history:
http://folk.uio.no/erlendfg/manifoldcf/simple_history.png

I'm not sure why the entries are missing when I'm running MCF on my app
server.

Erlend

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ManifoldCF 1.5, RC7

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erlend Garåsen <e....@usit.uio.no>.

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
It is also possible you have a zookeeper port conflict with another
zookeeper instance.  Are you using Solr Cloud?

Karl

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Abe-san,

Posted by Shinichiro Abe <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Ran tests.
+1 from me.

Karl

Posted by Minoru Osuka <mi...@gmail.com>.
Ran tests.

+1 from me.

Minoru OSUKA

Posted by Erlend Garåsen <e....@usit.uio.no>.
+1

- Ran ant test | uitest | doc
- Installed binary version and ran single process model
- Installed source version, built and ran multi-process model and a huge
crawl
- Deployed on Resin application server and ran a huge crawl

Erlend