Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Mark J Cox <M....@bradford.ac.uk> on 1996/01/12 09:52:53 UTC

Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "Improper sending of multiple Set-Cookie headers" on Linux

> >The server will only send the last Set-Cookie Header
> >according to Netscape the server should be able to send
> >multiple Set-Cookie values in a single server response.

Andrew found the reason for this just before Christmas when related to
problems with the mod_cookie module; Apache will only send one instance of
a header even if more than one are output by a CGI script.  This should be
changed within Apache to collate headers (David came up with a one-line
patch to do this). Unfortunately Netscape doesn't like these collated
headers, but that is Netscape's problem.

There is another, more serious problem with the Cookies module too; it
will silently get confused and stop logging if the site using the Cookie
module also uses other cookies.  The module is expecting its cookie to be
the first, and only one.  I've got a patch for this from a couple of
months ago and other changes have occured to mod_cookies in the meantime;
I was waiting until CVS was installed to try out the really useful
"merge/update" feature.

I've sent a reply to the bug reporter.

Mark
Mark J Cox,  mark@telescope.org -- URL:http://www.telescope.org/mark.html