Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Arnaud D <ad...@yahoo.com> on 2001/04/18 09:27:05 UTC

javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException

This has probably been discussed before but sorry, the archive is
unavailable.

I get a javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException, here is the
stack trace :

javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: System property
org.xml.sax.driver not specified
	at
org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTransformer(Transformer
FactoryImpl.java:650)
	at com.twomadcows.Index.toHtml(Index.java:115)
	at com.twomadcows.Index.service(Index.java:98)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
	at
7)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
	at
(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:166)
	at
	at
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
After investigation, I found out that the environment variable
"org.xml.sax.driver" has to be set to "org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser"
This should be done automatically when using xerces/xalan (as it is on my
home machine), but unfortunatly the security manager (the rights I have on
my ISP's servlet engine) on the production machine prevents xerces from
doing so and fordbids me to call the System.setProperty() method (I get a
SecurityException when doing so)...

Is there a workaround for this ?

Thanks in advance.
AD.

PS : I use JDK1.3, tomcat 3.2, JDOM, Xerces and Xalan.