Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by sunil sharma <ap...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/23 08:29:32 UTC

[users@httpd] httpd crashing again !! Pls help

Hello Friends

I am using Redhat 7.2 and i installed apache on it
which comes with distribution
i configured 10 virtual hosts in httpd.conf
i  also installed mod_jk and it is working fine.
my apache works fine for some time and after some time
it crashes and it goes down
and i am getting following error in error_log of
apache
Fri May 23 00:25:14 2003] [info] Created shared memory
segment #11927552
critical_create(): semget() failed: No space left on
device
This is exact error which i am getting in log file
My LogLevel is debug in httpd.conf

Following is the output of my 'df -kh' command

/dev/hda3              16G   11G  4.4G  71% /
/dev/hda2              48M   31M   14M  68% /boot

The space is enough but i don't know why this
information is showing

If i try to restart the apache by
"/etc/rc.d/ini.d/httpd restart"
it is giving me the  above error and it is not
starting up.
but if i reboot the server it again functions properly
but the problem repets
again and again after some time. again apache crash
and gives me the same error
The reboot is the only solution which is solving my
problme
So can any body guide me regarding this?
Can any boday like share his view on this problem it
will help me lot
or can anybody give me a link from where i can get the
proper information
i tried with google but till now i won't get any
proper answers.

Thanx in advance