Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Travis Stevens <Tr...@noaa.gov> on 2003/08/05 23:22:18 UTC

authentication

I need some help with authentication with struts.  I have been looking
into filter validation, having a directory /publicAction and a directory
/privateAction each containing public and private actions.  The
interesting thing, if the action mapping is /privateAction/* and
/publicAction/*, then two two different urls can acccess someAction,
both /privateAction/someAction and /publicAction/someAction.

I could have two directories, one /action/public and the other
action/private.  But here, the mapping would be action/*, and the
struts-config.xml paths would have to me something like:
path="/private/privateAction", which seems a little messy, especially if
a privateAction is to become a public action.  Any ideas?

I can't use container managed authentication.

any help would be great!

-Trav