Posted to sandesha-dev@ws.apache.org by Rajiv K Nistala <ra...@fiorano.com> on 2005/08/30 12:48:00 UTC

Changing Sandesha client port - programmatically

Hi,

I am using Sandesha to invoke a the RM sample provided. I realise, that
there is a client listener port that is set which defaults to 9090. This I
know can be edited from the sandesha.properties file. But If I have to run
multiple instances of the sandesha client on the same machine, won't this
create a problem for me as all will be using 9090? Thus I was thinking
whether it is possible to programmatically change the client listener port
(if I can capture that as a command line argument). I saw that everything
related to that is private in the SandeshaContext and PropertyLoader
classes. Any suggestions if this is possible?

Also since sandesha.properties file is within the jar file, I can't even
overwrite the file. Please help.

Regards,
Rajiv K Nistala

Re: Changing Sandesha client port - programmatically

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 03:44 -0700, Chamikara Jayalath wrote:
> Hi Rajiv,
> This was a bug and I fixed it. Now u can set the client side listner
> port as given below,
> SandeshaContext ctx = new SandeshaContext(new Integer(9091));
>
> (could't go for constructor SaneshaContext(int) since there already
> was one:-) ).

Ouch .. a constructor with int and another with Integer?? Yuck :(.
Someone is going to be bitten by it.

Isn't there a better way?

Sanjiva.

Re: Changing Sandesha client port - programmatically

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@gmail.com>.
Please get a svn checkout from,
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/sandesha/branches/sandesha_1_0

Chamikara

Re: Changing Sandesha client port - programmatically - BUG NOT COMPLETELY FIXED

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@gmail.com>.
Done. Please take an update.

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@gmail.com>.