Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Greg Monroe <mo...@Acpub.Duke.Edu> on 2000/04/03 23:14:37 UTC

isapi_redirect.dll download problems

I'm having problems trying to set up TomCat with PWS on NT Workstation
4.0.  After chasing this problem for a day or so, I found that the
isapi_redirect.dll was not downloading as a valid DLL.  When I do quick
view, it does not show the normal DLL information.

I've downloaded it from the 3.1 B1 directory and the CVS repository
with both MS IE and NS 4.7, but it alway gets munged up.  I don't have
the M$'s compiler to rebuild it.  (Enhancement request:  make it
compilable under GCC!).  So, is there any place to get this is tar or
zipped format?

If anyone cares, the download problem is probably due to the
jakarta.apache.org site delivering *.dll files as text/plain instead of
application/octet-stream.  It probably would work under Unix but fails
when Win32 browsers try to change formats.  Perhaps *.dll file MIME
types could be changed on the server?

TIA.

Greg
--
Greg Monroe                            E-mail: Monroe@Duke.Edu
Computer Mediated                      Voice:  (919)660-7746

Re: isapi_redirect.dll download problems

Posted by Shachor Gal <sh...@techunix.technion.ac.il>.

> I'm having problems trying to set up TomCat with PWS on NT Workstation
> 4.0.  After chasing this problem for a day or so, I found that the
> isapi_redirect.dll was not downloading as a valid DLL.  When I do quick
> view, it does not show the normal DLL information.
>
> I've downloaded it from the 3.1 B1 directory and the CVS repository
> with both MS IE and NS 4.7, but it alway gets munged up.  I don't have
> the M$'s compiler to rebuild it.  (Enhancement request:  make it
> compilable under GCC!).  So, is there any place to get this is tar or
> zipped format?

I put  a zipped version of the dlls in the d/l directory . This should fix
the problem.

	Gal Shachor