Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Rainer Schöpf <ra...@gmx.net> on 2010/11/23 19:55:39 UTC

More on webdav in 2.0.4

Hi all,

getting webdav right is tricky indeed. With the current implementation, a delete
command on an entry in a webdav collection (i.e. on a language version of a
document) deletes the whole document. OTOH, creation of a new document doesn't
work.

I believe it would be best to disable the dangerous delete for the 2.0.4
release.

I'm not even sure if webdav should be supported in future.  I believe people are
moving away from webdav towards SOAP and web services.

WDYT?

   Rainer

Re: More on webdav in 2.0.4

Posted by florent andré <fl...@4sengines.com>.

On 11/23/2010 09:05 PM, Richard Frovarp wrote:
> On 11/23/2010 12:55 PM, Rainer Schöpf wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> getting webdav right is tricky indeed. With the current
>> implementation, a delete
>> command on an entry in a webdav collection (i.e. on a language version
>> of a
>> document) deletes the whole document. OTOH, creation of a new document
>> doesn't
>> work.
>>
>> I believe it would be best to disable the dangerous delete for the 2.0.4
>> release.
>>

> +1

+1

>> I'm not even sure if webdav should be supported in future.  I believe
>> people are
>> moving away from webdav towards SOAP and web services.
>>

> Unknown. I wonder how many people are using webdav in Lenya? If we move
> to a JCR backed system, I think we get webdav pretty much for free. If
> we move to something else, webdav becomes a lot more difficult.

Now idea how many, but not so much imo as no one complain...

JCR and webdav ? : http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jackrabbit-jcr-server.html

COOL !

++

Re: More on webdav in 2.0.4

Posted by Richard Frovarp <rf...@apache.org>.
On 11/23/2010 12:55 PM, Rainer Schöpf wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> getting webdav right is tricky indeed. With the current implementation, a delete
> command on an entry in a webdav collection (i.e. on a language version of a
> document) deletes the whole document. OTOH, creation of a new document doesn't
> work.
>
> I believe it would be best to disable the dangerous delete for the 2.0.4
> release.

+1