Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Samuel Penn <sa...@glendale.org.uk> on 2012/10/13 18:42:05 UTC

Skipping page numbers on cover sheets

Hi,

I want to add a front cover sheet to a document. The document
is two-sided, consisting of multiple chapters (each being a
page-sequence) with the page number in the header.

My problem, is that when I add the cover, it is treated as
pages one and two (I want the first 'real' page to start on
the right, so I insert a blank page after the cover). This
means that the first chapter starts at page 3, when I want it
to start at page 1.

Is there a way to force the first chapter to be page 1?

I've tried setting initial-page-number="-1" for the front
cover, but that didn't work (I'm not that surprised).

I can't think of a way of setting the first chapter to start on
page one, without either all chapters starting on page 1, or
duplicating the page-sequence definition for each chapter type
for the situation where it's the first chapter - since the
initial-page-number is an attribute to fo:page-sequence, I can't
stick it into an <if>.

My template is here:

http://yagsbook.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/yagsbook/trunk/xml/xslt/pdf/yagsbook.xsl?revision=78&view=markup

I add the cover at line 349,
I match each chapter at line 399.

--
Be seeing you,        Games: http://www.glendale.org.uk/
Sam.                  Posts: http://www.google.com/profiles/samuel.penn

Re: Skipping page numbers on cover sheets

Posted by Samuel Penn <sa...@glendale.org.uk>.
On Sunday 14 October 2012 00:59:31 Luis Bernardo wrote:
> If I understand what you are saying, for every chapter you use a new
> page-sequence.
>
> Then, all you have to do is set initial-page-number="1"in the first
> chapter, and set initial-page-number="auto" in the remaining chapters.

That's the bit I was missing. I didn't know you could stick in "auto"
as a value. I've now got it working correctly.

Thanks.

Posted by Bonekrusher <dj...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Samuel,

Its difficult to see what your xslt is outputting to FO without an input
file. You should provide a small FO file that demonstrates the issue your
having. If you post an FO file, I'll gladly take a look.

Re: Skipping page numbers on cover sheets

Posted by Luis Bernardo <lm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Samuel Penn <sa...@glendale.org.uk>.

Posted by Bonekrusher <dj...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,