Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Alejandro Fernandez <al...@apache.org> on 2014/09/29 22:35:59 UTC

Preparing Ambari 1.7.0 branch

Hi developers and PMCs,

I am proposing cutting the branch for Ambari 1.7.0 on Friday October 3 at 2
pm Pacific Time, as per the outlined tasks in the Ambari Feature + Roadmap
page (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=30755705).

After making the branch, we (i.e., development community) should only
accept blocker or critical bug fixes into the branch and harden it until it
meets a high enough quality bar (roughly around 4 weeks, and subject to
change).
To further improve the stability of the release branch, we will require all
checkins into Ambari 1.7.0 to be reviewed by at least two committers and
unit-tested & system-tested.

If you have a bug fix, it should first be committed to trunk, and after
ensuring that it does not break any tests (including smoke tests), then it
should be integrated to the Ambari 1.7.0 branch.

If you have any doubts whether a fix should be committed into the 1.7.0
branch, please email me for input at alejandro@apache.org

Stay tuned for updates on the release process.

Thank you,
Alejandro Fernandez
Ambari 1.7.0 Release Manager

Re: Preparing Ambari 1.7.0 branch

Posted by Chandrasekhar Gopal <cg...@pivotal.io>.
This issue has already been reported by Jun.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-7622

So we are good in terms of having consistent results for the builds off
trunk and branch-1.7.0.

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Great.  Thanks Chandra!

Yusaku

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Preparing Ambari 1.7.0 branch

Posted by Chandrasekhar Gopal <cg...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Alejandro Fernandez <al...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chandrasekhar Gopal <cg...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Alejandro Fernandez <al...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Preparing Ambari 1.7.0 branch

Posted by Alejandro Fernandez <al...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chandrasekhar Gopal <cg...@pivotal.io>.
Alejandro,

Posted by Alejandro Fernandez <al...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chandrasekhar Gopal <cg...@pivotal.io>.
Thanks all.

I have created the following JIRA to track this task.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-7565

I will work with the team to have this job in place once the RC branch gets
created.

-Chandra

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Preparing Ambari 1.7.0 branch

Posted by Judes Sarmiento <js...@pivotal.io>.
That will help a lot!

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by Chandrasekhar Gopal <cg...@pivotal.io>.
Alejandro,
Upon creation of the RC branch for the 1.7.0 release, I'd like to suggest
that we also create a release build for this branch on b.a.o.

I can create a JIRA and help with creation of the release builds.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Chandra