Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jo Vandermeeren <jo...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/08 10:52:21 UTC

build-helper-maven-plugin: collecting ant build result

The result of my ant build is an exploded ear, which is then jarred into an
ear.
When i use the buil-help-maven-plugin,to attach this ear to the maven module
for this component, I get following error:

[INFO] Building jar: /home/jo/projects/ystr/trunk/trax-ear/target/trax-
ear-3.2-SNAPSHOT.ear
[INFO] [build-helper:attach-artifact {execution: attach-artifacts}]
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] An invalid artifact was detected.

This artifact might be in your project's POM, or it might have been included
transitively during the resolution process. Here is the information we do
have for this artifact:

    o GroupID:     com.trax
    o ArtifactID:  trax-ear
    o Version:     3.2-SNAPSHOT
    o Type:        ear

[INFO]
[INFO] Trace

The module information above is the module's pom information.
As you can see, it has EAR packaging.. Is this a problem with the
build-helper plugin?

What I want to do is to "trick" maven into believing that this ear is the
ear that maven would build itself, if the project was a full maven project.
I believe that maven wants to attach the ant-built ear to this module and
produce a new ear, containing the attached artifact.
This is ofcourse not what I want.. I want to let maven rename the ant-built
ear, based on the groupId etc information in this module's pom.
Then install it in the repository as if it would be a plain old maven
artifact :)

Another step would be to stop the ant build at the exploded ear phase. So
maven can package up the directories into an ear of its own.

Has anyone done something similar?

Actually, since the client changed the specs of the produced artifacts, I
must also include another regular maven-built webapplication into the
above-mentioned ear.
This can become quite messy.. Since the entire project is maven-enabled,
except for this one ear that contains a legacy client/ejb/webapp
application.

So my other question is.. Is it possible to include the result of the
above-mentioned ant build (the exploded ear directories) in the
package-phase of another maven module?
This to let maven assemble a new ear, containing the contents of the
ant-build and the result artifact of a maven webapp module.

Thanks a bunch
Jo

Re: build-helper-maven-plugin: collecting ant build result

Posted by Tom Huybrechts <to...@gmail.com>.
The name of the output file is
${project.build.directory}/${project.build.finalName}.ear or something
similar

Posted by Jo Vandermeeren <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tom,

Posted by Tom Huybrechts <to...@gmail.com>.