Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2012/07/01 17:39:26 UTC

[DISCUSS] Apache Flex 4.8.0 was Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex 4.8.0

On 7/1/12 8:25 AM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry but it's -1 from me. It's very close but the binary release is broken
> (for me).
Earlier you posted an issue with the build itself. Is that now resolved?
Otherwise there is no guarantee this isn't related to the first problem.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Flex 4.8.0 was Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex 4.8.0

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Your ant run failed downloading TLF and your compile errors are all realted
> to TLF so I'm trying to determine if it is the same.
Looks like that the case. I was missing the swc from the binary libs directory. I ran a ant thirdpary-clean follow by a thirdparty-downloads, the FB project needed to be cleaned but then compiled and worked as expected.

Do you think it might be a good idea to add (for a future release) an ant check third party target that checks you have all the required downloads (via MD5 hashes?).

> I've been primarily focused on the source kit.  I will try the binary kit if
> you can verify you have textlayout.swc and still have a problem.
While fairly clear I think the instructions for building the binary kit in the readme could be moved to the top. People may assume that there's nothing that need to be done with the binary kit and that they can just use it the closer to the top it is the more likely they are to read it. Perhaps he readme could also reference the IDE packager.

Om we could also extend the packager SDK to check that all the required pieces are in place for the binary kit and/or download them if they are missing.

I'll change my vote to be a +1 for the release.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Flex 4.8.0 was Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex 4.8.0

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,