Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo> on 2005/01/13 09:37:31 UTC

The stateful parameter of the DirectLink component

Hi,

Regarding the stateful param of the DirectLink component,
the doc says:

If true (the default), then the component requires an active (i.e.,
non-new) HttpSession when triggered. Failing that, it throws a
StaleLinkException. If false, then no check is necessary. The latter
works well with links that encode all necessary state inside the URL
itself.

However, I find that it is not true. It works fine without
a session. In fact, I've checked the source code and can't
find it using the stateful param at all. Nor does it throw
any StaleLinkException:

     public void trigger(IRequestCycle cycle)
     {
         IActionListener listener = getListener();
         if (listener == null)
                 throw Tapestry.createRequiredParameterException(this,
"listener"
);
         listener.actionTriggered(this, cycle);
     }

Any idea?

--
Kent Tong, Msc, MCSE, SCJP, CCSA, Delphi Certified
Manager of IT Dept, CPTTM