Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Jürgen Debus <ju...@alphatax.lu> on 2020/10/16 09:00:10 UTC

Question concerning PDFBox text search and replace

Hi @all,

we’ve used the text search and replace approach of Ulf Dittmer here:

https://www.ulfdittmer.com/view?PdfboxReplace

This worked fine.

But because of changes in the PDF generating we get a crypted text that we
can’t replace:

Example:

Old: (sont liés. En cas de questions, consultez impérativement votre
conseiller fiscal.) Tj

When using PDFTextStripper to read the text it is „translated“ in the right
way.

What can we do to „decrypt“ the text and save a new one?

Best regards,

Jürgen