Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Rachel Owsley <Ra...@safeway.com> on 2014/01/10 04:21:18 UTC

Hidden Markov Models in Mahout

Hi,

Is there still an implementation of the Hidden Markov model in Mahout? I can't find any examples for using this classification technique past its implementation in 2010, so I am wondering if it has been removed?

If so, would you be so kind as to point me to the tutorial/documentation/examples if any exist? I'm using version .7 currently on Cloudera Hadoop 4.5.

Thanks in advance!

Rachel Owsley

"Email Firewall" made the following annotations.

Warning:
All e-mail sent to this address will be received by the corporate e-mail system, and is subject to archival and review by someone other than the recipient.  This e-mail may contain proprietary information and is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s).  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient(s), you are notified that you have received this message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately.

RE: Hidden Markov Models in Mahout

Posted by Rachel Owsley <Ra...@safeway.com>.
Thank you, Koji! I looked at the course description/syllabus on your blog. That sounds like a great course in machine learning using Mahout. One of the more in-depth ones I have seen outside of the MIA book. If you get the slides translated into English, please let me know.

Thanks again.

Rachel
Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.
Hi Rachel,

Posted by Rachel Owsley <Ra...@safeway.com>.
Thank you, Koji.

Posted by Rachel Owsley <Ra...@safeway.com>.
Thank you, Suneel. I will take a look at that package.

Rachel

HMM implementations still exist in Mahout today but I don't think there are any examples of its usage.

Please see package org.apache.mahout.classifier.sequencelearning.hmm.*

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.