Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Richard Elsberry <ri...@elsberry.net> on 2002/08/30 21:38:43 UTC

IIS Tomcat Integration Problem

Hello all,

I am "yet again" another one of many having difficulties integrating iis
and Tomcat.  I've been trying for over two days now and have searched
all through the tomcat users list service and have read the recommended
documentation such as:

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~lampante/howto/tomcat/iisnt/index.html
http://www.verysimple.com/scripts/support_tc_iis.html

It seems like it should be very simple. The servers will respond
seperately. I can get my asp application to respond from IIS using
http://localhost:80 and my jsp applications from tomcat using
http://localhost:8080. However when I call
http://localhost/examples/jsp/dates/date.jsp or any other combination I
can think of to reach any resource through IIS I only get "HTTP 404 The
page cannot be found" error message.

My uriworkermap.properties is:
#
# Default worker to be used through our mappings
#
default.worker=ajp13

#
# Sites to be redirected to Tomcat
#
/examples=$(default.worker)
/examples/*=$(default.worker)
/webdav=$(default.worker)
/webdav/*=$(default.worker)
/tomcat-docs=$(default.worker)
/tomcat-docs/*=$(default.worker)
/manager=$(default.worker)
/manager/*=$(default.worker)
/pharma=$(default.worker)
/pharma/*=$(default.worker)

---I've set up the proper TOMCAT_HOME and JAVA_HOME paths in
workers.properties.

-- For the ISAPI filter, the green arrow displays properly after setting
it up, not in the Default Web Site, but one level up at the computer
level via host --> properties --> WWW Service (edit) --> ISAPI Filters
tab -->

--I've set up a virtual folder named "jakarta"  in the Default Web Site
and pointed it to the isapi.redirector.dll located in my
tomcat/bin/redirector folder and given it execute permissions.

-- I've merged using both the isapi_redirect_2000.reg and the
isapi_redirect.reg files and verifed the correct paths in both.

-- I've also made sure that I reboot by first shutting down Tomcat,
restarting IIS then starting Tomcat all from Administration Services window.

-- using W2KSP2, Tomcat 4.03 and IIS 5.0.

I've done this so many times now I just kind of sit and stare. I'm not
sure what else to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated as if I
don't get this figured out I will need to convert a rather large asp
application over to jsp.

Thanks,
Richard