Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Chris Oman <CO...@ext-inc.com> on 2013/02/13 16:41:21 UTC

Server-to-server connection

I'm still attempting to federate Vysper and Cisco Presence Server. I finally figured resolved the certificate problems I was having with TLS, but am now stuck on having the connection authenticated.

With the Cisco Presence Server, I choose between having it use SASL EXTERNAL or nothing for authentication.

If on the Cisco Presence Server, I don't have SASL EXTERNAL enabled, after the stream is restarted following encryption, it sends an empty features list. Inside of Vypser in the FeaturesHandler class, it is throwing the RuntimeException of "Unsupported features" because the stream is not authenticated yet.

If I enable the SASL EXTERNAL, the features list includes the SALS EXTERNAL mechanism, but there is no handler for that.

How are server-to-server connections supposed to work? I was under the impression that S2S was complete.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Oman
Lead Developer - Interfaces
EXTENSION, INC.
Email:   COman@ext-inc.com
Office:  260-797-0200
General: 877-207-3753
www.OpenTheRedBox.com

RE: Server-to-server connection

Posted by Chris Oman <CO...@ext-inc.com>.
Can you explain how the current implementation of S2S works?

I tried with dialback, but the connections seem to close after the dialback has finished its negotiating.

Does the current S2S connection work with encrypted connection?

Chris

Chris Oman
Lead Developer - Interfaces
EXTENSION, INC.
Email:   COman@ext-inc.com
Office:  260-797-0200
General: 877-207-3753
www.OpenTheRedBox.com

> I'm still attempting to federate Vysper and Cisco Presence Server. I finally figured resolved the certificate problems I was having with TLS, but am now stuck on having the connection authenticated.
>
> With the Cisco Presence Server, I choose between having it use SASL EXTERNAL or nothing for authentication.
>
> If on the Cisco Presence Server, I don't have SASL EXTERNAL enabled, after the stream is restarted following encryption, it sends an empty features list. Inside of Vypser in the FeaturesHandler class, it is throwing the RuntimeException of "Unsupported features" because the stream is not authenticated yet.
>
> If I enable the SASL EXTERNAL, the features list includes the SALS EXTERNAL mechanism, but there is no handler for that.
>
> How are server-to-server connections supposed to work? I was under the impression that S2S was complete.

S2S works, however, as you state correctly SASL EXTERNAL is not
implemented, neither for S2S nor for S2C.

   Bernd

Re: Server-to-server connection

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de>.
Hi Chris,