Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by huntc <hu...@mac.com> on 2010/09/11 17:47:45 UTC

Re: ParameterHandler not invoked for Date parameter

Hi Sergey,

Sorry for the delayed reply; just got around to trying this again with your
recommendation.

Unfortunately my handler is still not getting invoked. Here's its current
declaration:

/**
 * Converts ISO8601 parameters into date objects.
 *
 * @author huntc
 *
 */
@Provider
public class ISO8601TimestampParameterHandler implements ParameterHandler {

  /**
   * Cooerce an ISO8601 time string to a date object.
   *
   * @param s
   *            the string to parse.
   * @return the date object or null if the string cannot be parsed.
   */
  @Override
  public Date fromString(String s) {
    SimpleDateFormat dateFormat = new SimpleDateFormat(
        "yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss'Z'", Locale.US);
    dateFormat.setTimeZone(TimeZone.getTimeZone("GMT"));
    try {
      return new Date(dateFormat.parse(s).getTime());
    } catch (ParseException e) {
      return null;
    }
  }
}

Any more thoughts?

Kind regards,
Christopher

Re: ParameterHandler not invoked for Date parameter

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi

can you please confirm you have

"implements ParameterHandler<Date>" ?