Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Marc <kl...@saphor.net> on 2004/05/07 10:56:22 UTC

New doctype and BXE

Hi!

I'm currently fighting with using BXE in Lenya on a user-defined doctype.

General parameters:
* Debian Testing
* Firefox 0.8
* Lenya 1.2 (current source distribution)
* BXE: current source districution
* Publication: Derived from the default publication

My self-defined doctype itself is displaying fine both in "authoring"
and in the BXE editor. Using BXE's Debug menu, it displays both the RNG-
and the XML-files itself as expected. I can also edit the textual
content of existing tags. However, the drop down menu of styles is
empty, all "inline" buttons are functionless and I cannot add new tags
(neither block nor inline ones) nor save any changes in the textual
contents.

Opening the JavaScript Console I get the following error:

-------------------------------
Error: startElement has no properties
Source File: http://localhost:8080/lenya/bxeng/relaxng/RelaxNG.js
Line: 300
--------------------------------

Everything works perfectly with the XHTML doctype that comes preloaded.

What do I have to do to teach BXE to actually act on the elements from
my RNG file and to allow me to save the results?

Many thanks in advance for any information!

Best regards,

Marc

P. S.: I'm not quite sure if this question is best placed here in the
Lenya list or in the BXE list.

P. P. S.: It just struck me that
http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/project/index.html presents this piece of
news in boldface: *Lenya 1.0 RC 1 Released (27 May 2003)*. Maybe time
for an update there...

Re: New doctype and BXE

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Marc wrote:

> What do I have to do to teach BXE to actually act on the elements from
> my RNG file and to allow me to save the results?

BXE is also used within the "blog" publication with a less complicated RNG.

Maybe you can also try it first without Lenya at all, similar to the
examples
being shipped with BXE

> P. P. S.: It just struck me that
> http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/project/index.html presents this piece
> of news in boldface: *Lenya 1.0 RC 1 Released (27 May 2003)*. Maybe
> time for an update there...

I hope we can improve the website update process during the hackathon/sprint

Michi

Michael Wechner