Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Patricia A Moss <pm...@csc.com> on 2009/04/15 11:38:36 UTC

Subversion, HTTPD and LDAP - Help Please!

Does anyone have experience with getting subversion, apache and LDAP
configured?
I've been trying, for quite a while now to get svn 1.6 and apache 2.2.11
configured.  I am now running into the issue of, when I try to start
apache, I get the following error:
# service httpd start
Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 11 of
/usr/local/apache2/conf/extra/testA.conf:
Invalid command 'AuthBasicProvider', perhaps misspelled or defined by a
                                                           [FAILED]

Here is how I configured apache:
./configure --enable-modules=all --enable-mods-shared=all
--enable-authn-dbm --enable-authn-alias --enable-authz-dbm
--enable-authnz-ldap --enable-deflate --enable-logio --enable-mime-magic
--enable-version --enable-ssl --enable-http --enable-dav --enable-cgi
--enable-cgid --enable-dav-fs --enable-dav-lock --enable-vhost-alias
--enable-ldap --with-ldap --with-included-apr --prefix=/usr/local/apache2

Here is my testA.conf file:

<Location /testA>
dav svn
SVNPath /disk01/home/testA
#SVNParentPath /disk01/home/testA
#SVNListParentPath on
AuthzSVNAccessFile /var/www/testA-access.conf
AuthType Basic
AuthBasicProvider ldap
AuthzLDAPAuthoritative off
AuthName "CSC Subversion Repository"
AuthLDAPBindDN FCGNET\accountname
AuthLDAPBindPassword password
AuthLDAPURL
ldap://pant04.fcg.com:3268/DC=fcg,DC=com?samAccountName?sub?(objectCategory=person)
Require valid-user
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
order allow,deny
allow from all
</Location>

PATI MOSS
System Engineer Sr. Professional
CSC

Re: Subversion, HTTPD and LDAP - Help Please!

Posted by Stephane Bortzmeyer <bo...@nic.fr>.
On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 07:38:36AM -0400,
 Patricia A Moss <pm...@csc.com> wrote
 a message of 110 lines which said:

> Does anyone have experience with getting subversion, apache and LDAP
> configured?

I do. If you read French, I documented it in
<http://www.bortzmeyer.org/access-subversion-apache.html>

> Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 11 of
> /usr/local/apache2/conf/extra/testA.conf:
> Invalid command 'AuthBasicProvider', perhaps misspelled or defined by a
> module not included in the server configuration

This directive is defined by mod_auth_basic. Is this module loaded?

> Here is how I configured apache:

You compiled it yourself? That looks quite 20th-century. Anyway, the
way you compiled it is not important, the point is how did you load
the modules? You should have somewhere something like:

LoadModule auth_basic_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_auth_basic.so